About Me

My photo
Nashville, TN
I don't claim to be a profound writer, but I keep (well try to keep) this blog mainly to keep family and friends updated on things in my life when I'm away from home

Sunday, August 19, 2012

First Week at Room In The Inn


            Work officially started on Wednesday and so far I really enjoy it (and I’ve survived the “wonderful” Nashville bus system so that’s a bonus), though I haven’t started working solely with the Odyssey program yet. For the first 2 weeks I’m being immersed in all the on goings of Room In The Inn and have done a variety of things in the few days I’ve been at work: sitting in on classes, hanging out at the Day Center and Guest House, working at the Support Desk, helping with lunch, sitting in on the morning meetings with the Odyssey guys, and attending daily wrap-up, which happens after the Day Center closes for the day. It’s a lot to take in but I think I’m getting the hang of it. While I’ve never worked in this type of ministry before, I I don’t really feel out of place and think I’m really going to enjoy working at Room In The Inn.
            I also have really enjoyed meeting my fellow staff members; everyone is really nice and a few of them even took me out to lunch on my first day (we went to Hot Diggity Dog, which is a local hot dog place and it was pretty good). Also, while I haven’t had the chance to work with the Odyssey guys much I’ve met most of them and they are a great group of guys and I look forward to getting to work with them more.

No comments:

Post a Comment