About Me

My photo
Nashville, TN
I don't claim to be a profound writer, but I keep (well try to keep) this blog mainly to keep family and friends updated on things in my life when I'm away from home

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

I'm really bad at blogging....


So blogging isn’t my strongest suit, especially when it comes to writing about what I consider “the every day”, but I apologize for not being on top of it.
Anyways, Friday marked 2 months since I’ve been a part of JVC and the time seems to have flown by. It really seems like just yesterday that we were moving into our “broken” house. I say “broken” because when we moved in the washer and dryer were both broken and we had various issues with our kitchen sink (water pressure issues then it constantly dripping); thankfully those problems have since been resolved and our house is completely functional now (*knock on wood*).
I really enjoy work. Pre-Odyssey, which is the preliminary phase to our program for participants to show us that they are dedicated to being in Odyssey and for us to determine if they’re a good fit for the program, started October 1st, so it finally feels like I’m being productive in my job. It was part of my responsibility to plan education week for Pre-Odyssey, which is next week so hopefully that goes well.
As far as community goes we’ve been getting along well. We decided to go on “friendship dates” every week in order to build individual relationships in addition to our community as a whole. They’ve been a lot of fun; some of mine have included a 16-mile bike ride and tacos (from Mas Tacos), breakfast at the Nashville Biscuit House and Bagel Face, and dinner at Puckett Grocery. The weeks have been flying by so it’s been a great way to get us to focus on spending time with each other as well as exploring Nashville.
Like I said I’m not great at blogging, and it doesn’t help that there isn’t Internet at the house (which isn’t that big of a deal) so I have to be much more intentional about it. Maybe I’ll get better at updating this throughout the year, but for now, as a warning, posts will be sporadic.

No comments:

Post a Comment