About Me

My photo
Nashville, TN
I don't claim to be a profound writer, but I keep (well try to keep) this blog mainly to keep family and friends updated on things in my life when I'm away from home

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Halfway There

            I’m halfway through my time here at Re-Member, which is really weird to think about. The group of volunteers this past week was awesome. I had several really good conversations with a number of them and enjoyed their company very much.
            On the day I was in the workshop we needed to complete 6 bunk beds; we ended up completing 8 ½ bunks, allowing us to deliver beds the following day. The delivery day was interesting in itself because on the second to last delivery we were looking for house #60 when we were supposed to be looking for #90, but we got there eventually.
            I got to go on tour on Wednesday, which ended up being ok. Since I’ve been on it a number of times already it was a little boring, but I did enjoy that there were different people giving the tour at Red Cloud Indian School and that we went up to Red Cloud’s grave.
            On Thursday I was supposed to deliver bunk beds again, but since I had already done it once this week (and twice last week), Marissa offered to switch with me (which I was extremely grateful for); instead I got to work on a skirting job, where it was the goal to start and finish it on the same day. We were very successful and finished the entire job by 2:45pm (our work day typically goes until 4). The best part of the day was when David hit me in the head with a measuring tape; in all actually he was trying to toss it to Jordan and it didn’t quiet make it’s target.
            We ended up going horseback riding again, and this time my horse was a lot more cooperative, though the heat limited how fast we could go. Afterwards a few of us went up to Rapid City for dinner and drinks, which was a lot of fun.
            So far I’m loving my time at Re-Member and know that these next 2 weeks are going to fly by.

No comments:

Post a Comment