About Me

My photo
Nashville, TN
I don't claim to be a profound writer, but I keep (well try to keep) this blog mainly to keep family and friends updated on things in my life when I'm away from home

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Friday, July 22, 2011: Chocolate Coated Ending


            So other than Monday this week has been pretty laid back. It’s been really hot the last several days (it’s supposed to hit 100° today!), so time spent outside has been limited. Wednesday was my last day of work, which is weird that it’s over (I don’t think it will sink in until Monday). I got into the office and my computer decided not to work properly (and seeing as 99% of the work I do is computer related that was an issue). Eventually it decided to start working again (no one is quite sure what was wrong with it) and I was able to begin being productive.
            Yesterday I spent most of the day packing (and doing laundry). I still have a little bit left to do, but overall I’m about 80% done. Last night we had planned on going to Serendipity but then plans got changed to going to Serendipity tonight. Instead we went to Max Brenner’s Chocolate by the Bald Man. The ambiance was very cool and there were obviously chocolate/chocolate related things everywhere. I ended up with a Mocha Frappé and it came in a very strange ceramic cup with a metal straw (it was good though). The ceramic tray that Chandler and Steven’s fondue came on was designed to look like notebook paper and I found it entertaining (it doesn’t take much to entertain me). 
            Tonight we had closing ceremonies. The videos that the staff put together were great and it was a great way to wrap up the program. After all of us went back to 601 and hung out for a little bit. Eventually we got around to figuring out what we were going to do in terms of food (the ceremony got moved up a half hour so we didn’t go to dinner like we had planned). A few of us ventured to Amore’s, the pizza place right next to U-Hall that got shut down in the beginning of the summer for health violations and reopened about 2 weeks later. It wasn’t bad, but it also wouldn’t be my first choice of places to go. Afterward we all went to Serendipity, kind of making a full circle seeing as the first weekend we were all here we went there. We spent the night enjoying each other’s company and reminiscing about the summer. I don’t think it’s really hit us yet that we’re leaving in the morning, but at least for now we can postpone reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment