About Me

My photo
Nashville, TN
I don't claim to be a profound writer, but I keep (well try to keep) this blog mainly to keep family and friends updated on things in my life when I'm away from home

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Saturday, July 2, 2011: Dance the Night Away!


            Ok so a lot to catch everyone up on. Let’s see, Wednesday was a fairly typical day at work (I can’t recall anything out of the ordinary happening). I’ve gotten the route down to a science now, so it’s gone from being something I didn’t like doing to something I look forward to. After work, Dream Careers had a Music Industry night, and it was really good. The discussion was a lot of stuff that I kind of already knew (through the panel I went to a few weeks ago and the book I’m reading), but it was still good to hear. And the two performers, Susan Cagel and R.I.C.O., were extremely talented and it was the best part of the night.
            Thursday I spent a lot of time preparing for the possibility of doing informational interviews and made a list of questions that I have about the industry and about different things I could be doing. Over all it was a pretty relaxed day. A lot of people have other things going on this weekend between friend’s visiting, going to visit friends, and family visiting. After dinner we went to Little Italy for dessert! It took longer than we expected to walk there but we finally ended up at Ferrara. Ironically, Tyler and his friend had been there maybe a half hour or so before we got there, and just after Chandler, Nick, Katherine and I sat down, Shelby and her family walked through the door. In as big of a city NYC is, all of us somehow ended up at the same place. I got Tiramisu, and it was definitely worth the long trip. 

            Ok so yesterday, I ended up going to The High Line. It’s probably my favorite park so far. It’s basically an elevated walkway that is built along where the old railroad tracks are. There are plants everywhere and a beautiful view of the water. There is even a section of the walkway that has a strip of about a ¼ inch of water that you can walk through off to the side of the normal walkway. I went from 14th St to the end and then back, and ended up staying to read for about an hour. Once I got back to NYU, I did a little research on the Jesuit Volunteer Corps and am considering doing that for a year when I get out of school (hopefully in either LA, Nashville, or NYC). Last night was a pretty slow night; Nick, Chandler and I went to go see Larry Crowne, which was a decent movie. Afterward we had planned on meeting up with Steph M. (Chandler’s direct roommate) and Katherine to go to Serendipity, but we wound up hanging out in their room instead and just talking.

            Finally, now on to today: This morning we ventured to Chinatown, which was definitely and experience (I didn’t end up getting anything though). After lunch, Katherine, Steph M., and I went to Central Park and rented bikes. I loved it. We rented them for an hour and got to see so much of the park (a lot more than I expected we were going to). We got slightly confused when it came to heading back to finding a path that cut across the park so we could head back to the bike rental place, but we eventually figured it out. 

            Once we got back we had to get ready for the Dinner Dance Cruise. It was phenomenal, probably the best event so far. We got all dressed up, went to Chelsea Piers, and got on the Spirit of New Jersey (the entire night we sailed around the harbor). The food was better than I was expecting, and we finished eating before the ship even left dock, so we were able to hang out on the top story when the boat took off. The view of the skyline was breathtaking and we got to watch the sunset. We spent the night dancing and just hanging out, and it was just an amazing night. The only unfortunate thing about the night was that Steven and Tyler weren’t able to come. We were only out on the water for 3 hours, but it definitely seemed a lot longer (which was a good thing).


            I’m not entirely sure what the plan is tomorrow, but I’m sure we’ll wind up finding something fun to keep this 4th of July weekend going greatly.

No comments:

Post a Comment