About Me

My photo
Nashville, TN
I don't claim to be a profound writer, but I keep (well try to keep) this blog mainly to keep family and friends updated on things in my life when I'm away from home

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Tuesday, July 5, 2011: Give a Little Heart and Soul


            So Sunday, I ended up feeling sick all day. I woke up with a really bad headache that just wouldn’t go away. Therefore, the entire day was spent in bed catching up on movies that I have been meaning to watch for awhile (One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest, Brokeback Mountain, etc). The good thing about not feeling well on Sunday was that it was iffy weather out all day so it wouldn’t have been a day to really go out to do anything.
            July 4th (aka yesterday) was beautiful all day. Steph, Katherine and I went to Greenwich Village for lunch and it was pretty good. On our way back we were going to stop to get fried Oreos but the place was closed so we stopped by Baked by Melissa for mini cupcakes (about the size slightly bigger than a quarter) instead. It was a little pricey, but they were very good (I ended up getting Firework, Cookies & Cream, Cookie Dough, Chocolate Chip Pancake, S’more, and Red Velvet). We hung out for a bit down the hall before going out to dinner and heading over to watch the Fireworks. The crowd for the fireworks was insane, some roads were blocked off and we ended up not being able to go as close to the water as we were hoping, but it was still fun. We saw 4 of the 6 sets of fireworks and it was the most fun I’ve had watching fireworks in a long time. Afterward we walked back and Steven and Chandler started singing the National Anthem and before we knew it a huge group of people joined in; it was a lot of fun.
            Today was pretty laid back. I still didn’t feel 100% so I didn’t go exploring like I had planned. Instead I read my book, did some laundry, and ran a few errands. However despite still not feeling well, this morning was by far the best part of my day! Hanson announced their Musical Ride Tour! They will be at Toad’s Place in New Haven during Columbus Day weekend! Therefore, for once in my Hanson fan life, there isn’t a conflict with seeing them! Not only that, they will be in Northampton, MA the night before (only about an hour and twenty minutes away from school, and an hour and a half away from home!). I have an issue and am planning on going to both shows (I’ve been trying to see them for years, and tickets aren’t too expensive, so why not?). Plus they are having the fans vote on the set for each show, so I’d be seeing a different show each night. I fully embrace my Hanson obsession and the only thing that would make each of those nights better is winning a meet and greet pass.
            Anyway, back to New York life. The weather was nice so after dinner we hung out in Washington Square Park and Steph M. and Steven played in the fountain. It was highly entertaining, especially when Steven forced Steph to go through the huge jet in the center (completely drenching both of them).
            Also, Happy Birthday Jimmy! Can’t believe you turned 19 today! No you will not be getting a cruise for 4 from your older sister as a present, but I’m sure I’ll find you something in NYC before I come home that will be acceptable (and not as expensive).

No comments:

Post a Comment