About Me

My photo
Nashville, TN
I don't claim to be a profound writer, but I keep (well try to keep) this blog mainly to keep family and friends updated on things in my life when I'm away from home

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Friday, June 8, 2011: This Time Around


            Ok so I hadn’t realized that I didn’t write since Tuesday, but nothing really eventful happened. Well I did get 3rd row seats to see Hanson in MA and then the next day got tickets to see them in CT, so that was eventful for me (but no one else).
            Wednesday nothing out of the ordinary happened at work. I did a lot of promotional things through Facebook and various other forums. We have our Summer Jazzfest next week and then the Summer Reggae Fest the week after so I’ve been looking at different places to especially promote those shows (as well as other ones we have just announced). The only other thing that really happened on Wednesday was that the fire alarm went off not only once, but twice (we literally got back in from the first one and the 2nd one went off). We still aren’t entirely sure what caused it, but at least I now know that FDNY can get to NYU fairly quickly (on a side note, I found it entertaining that one of the fire trucks had a little dinosaur attached to the top of it…which of course was during the first fire alarm so I didn’t have my camera with me).
            Yesterday I ended up reading at the High Line again. I only ended up staying for a little over an hour and then wandered around Columbus Circle for a bit. I debated on going back to the High Line, but I had a reaction to a bug bite (not as bad as usual, but still enough to make me not feel well) so I headed back. About 10 minutes after I got back, the skies opened up (so I’m very glad I came back when I did). After dinner a few of us did some laundry and it was the most crowded I’ve ever seen the laundry room (I guess Thursday night at 9:30 is a popular time to do laundry).
            Today I went into the office to make up for Monday being a holiday and it ended up just being me, Carly, and Jen the entire day. I got to chose the YMLP winner for the Kermit Ruffins show next week, help make adjustments to show posters, as well as promote the Groundation show that’s coming up in a couple weeks. It started raining again at about 3ish, and lasted throughout the night. We went to go see Horrible Bosses, which I didn’t really have any expectations for, and it turned out to be a pretty good movie.
            I can’t believe that there are only 2 weeks left. Time really does go by faster the older you get. I think the plan is to jam pack this weekend with things on our bucket list, so hopefully that means I’ll have something a little more exciting to share with everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment