About Me

My photo
Nashville, TN
I don't claim to be a profound writer, but I keep (well try to keep) this blog mainly to keep family and friends updated on things in my life when I'm away from home

Monday, June 20, 2011

Monday, June 20, 2011: 3 weeks in!

            Ok so I realize I’m a little behind, but Saturday ended up being a lot of fun. Central Park Zoo fell through, but my roommates and I ended up just going to the park and hanging out there for a bit anyways. We were going to go to Shake Shack for dinner but the line was longer than we liked so we ended up going to Pop Burger instead (which was decent).
            That night I went to see Nathan’s band, Bearstronaut, play at Lit Lounge, which is only a few blocks away. They were really good, and I’m not just saying that because I’m slightly biased in the situation. I’m glad I no longer have to worry about the whole “21+” thing with shows, seeing as that was a major problem several other times I wanted to go see Nate’s shows. It was also nice to catch up with Pat and Dave, since I haven’t seen them since Christmas (I filled them in on my life in NY and other things as well).
            Yesterday we walked the Brooklyn Bridge and the only thing I didn’t like was how crowded it was (even though it was to be expected). When we were walking across it, it didn’t feel as long as it actually is, probably because we were stopping to take pictures and look at the view. Once we got to Brooklyn, we got pizza from Grimaldi’s. While it was good (it was obvious they use fresh mozzarella), it wasn’t as great as I was expecting. I think part of that though was because we had ordered ahead and the pizza wasn’t fresh out of the oven. Anyways, after we ate we just hung around for a bit and then a few of us took a taxi back. Let’s just say I experienced the stereotypical, deathly terrifying NYC taxi ride (ok well the whole ride wasn’t exactly deathly terrifying, but I still feared for my life for a good portion of it).
            Today was a pretty typical day in the office. Did a lot of social media/show promoting stuff for upcoming shows, successfully picked a YMLP winner and went through all the steps to update it on our site, ran a few errands. Tonight we had another seminar speaker, who was pretty good. His main point was to make yourself stand out in your internship and to do more than one internship. So far the speakers have been pretty good (though I missed one). I’ve come out of all of them learning something and wasn’t sitting through the seminar feeling like I was being tortured. Oh before the speaker started there was a raffle drawing and I won a ticket to the Harry Potter Exhibit! Yes, I saw it when it was in Boston, but I have been dying to go again (and it’s an added bonus that I don’t have to pay for it).
            After the seminar, we kind of just hung out for a little bit, not really doing much. I don’t know why, but I’m not physically exhausted, but just extremely mentally worn out. I don’t have any work to do from home tomorrow so I’ll probably ended up working out in the morning then either wander around a bit or just go somewhere and read.
(I apologize for this post being kind of jumpy, like I just said I’m mentally exhausted)

No comments:

Post a Comment