About Me

My photo
Nashville, TN
I don't claim to be a profound writer, but I keep (well try to keep) this blog mainly to keep family and friends updated on things in my life when I'm away from home

Friday, June 10, 2011

Thursday, June 9, 2011: 3 days


Ok so I apologize for not keeping up with my blog this week. It’s been somewhat busy. Not too much has happened, there have just been long days.
Tuesday: I didn’t have to go into my internship, so my original plan was to get up and workout and then work from home (I had to go through a bunch of outside sites and make sure that several of our shows were posted). When I woke up that morning, my sunburn made it extremely painful to put a bathing suit or even a sports bra on, so I changed that plan. I didn’t realize how bad my sunburn was until I looked at it again in the mirror (it was painful to even just wear a t-shirt, so most of the day was spent in a tank top). Instead of working out, I ended up doing laundry in between doing work for my internship. Not a very eventful day. However that night a few of us ended up going out to a bar and just hanging out.
Wednesday: At my internship I learned how to use YMPL, which is what CEG uses for mailing lists and picking a winner for contests. It was a lot to take in but I enjoyed learning about it. Later in the afternoon, I went out and hung up posters again; however this time it took a lot less time (probably because I knew what I was doing and had comfortable shoes on this time).
For a few days we had been talking about getting cheesecake, so after we signed up for the events this weekend, we headed over to Grand Central Station and went to Junior’s for cheesecake (though I ended up getting Red Velvet layer cake). Once we got back we just ended up hanging out in Chandler, Shelby, and Katherine’s room.
Thursday: Kristin Ann and Cassandra came to visit today! It was a lot of fun (and beyond hot out), though we didn’t have any set agenda. Our first trip of the day was riding the Staten Island Ferry (though we didn’t actual stay on Staten Island). We got a really good view of the Statue of Liberty, which I always imagined as being a lot bigger. Afterward we went to South St. Seaport and ended up staying there for lunch. The food was good, but since it was so hot, the frozen drinks we ordered melted really quickly so they weren’t that great. Eventually we ended up in Time Square, and looked around the stores there for a bit.
After they left, I met up with everyone from the program and we went to see How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying with Daniel Radcliffe. It was phenomenal. It was different seeing him in a role outside of Harry Potter; however this boy can not only act, but he can sing and dance too! My favorite number by far was The Brotherhood of Man. Chandler got to meet Daniel Radcliffe at the stage door (she got both his autograph and a picture). Needless to say she was extremely happy about that.
So like I said earlier, not a lot happened over the last few days (well at least not enough to write separate journal entries). But now you’re all caught up on Week 2 of my life in NYC.

No comments:

Post a Comment