About Me

My photo
Nashville, TN
I don't claim to be a profound writer, but I keep (well try to keep) this blog mainly to keep family and friends updated on things in my life when I'm away from home

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Wednesday, June 22, 2011: Smart Move of the Week

            Yesterday was another non-eventful day. When I got up, I for some reason had the motivation to go swimming, so I ended up going to the pool and swimming for about an hour. I knew I was out of swimming-shape, but I felt it more so when I tried to do sprints. The first one, well actually the first 5 weren’t that bad, but I definitely struggled the last 5 (I did 10 on a minute).
            After I swam I ended up walking around the city for about 3 hours. I had to mail in a waiver for my South Dakota trip (I can’t believe it’s only a month away), then get my dad’s birthday present (which I’m aware was a month and a half ago, but I specified in the card that he had to wait because I wanted to get it from a place in NYC that he had seen on Food Network), and then hunt down Kristin Ann’s birthday present (again I’m aware our birthday was a few weeks ago, but I know exactly what I’m doing, I just haven’t been able to locate part of it yet).
            We tried out Kimmel’s for dinner last night (a place that we can use our meals at that just opened up), and we had our first random celebrity sighting (well Nick did since he was the one who recognized him, the rest of us saw the guy but didn’t know who he was until after Nick told us): the mayhem guy from the Allstate commercials was riding his bike near Washington Square Park.
            Work today was pretty standard. I am learning different approaches to marketing shows and it’s a lot of fun. We have the 2nd Annual NolaFunk Summer Jazzfest coming up in July, and my boss wanted me to promote not only the show, but the ambiance of the venue. I spent some time looking up and rewording the original press release we had to include the different things the venue has to offer (it’s a pretty cool place, one site described it as an adult sandbox). I did the usual route to hang up posters later on in the day, and the second I got off the subway I thought the skies were going to open up any minute. Thankfully I made it through the route without it raining at all.
            Every Wednesday there is a running group that meets at 7 and since my ankle had been feeling better I wanted to go; however, about 15ish minutes in my ankle started acting up again (even though I was wearing my brace). I had to end the run early and walk back, which kind of sucked seeing as I was looking forward to running (and it was fun running in the rain). I probably shouldn't have attempted running, but live and learn. I am currently icing my ankle and plan to get it checked out tomorrow.
           

No comments:

Post a Comment