About Me

My photo
Nashville, TN
I don't claim to be a profound writer, but I keep (well try to keep) this blog mainly to keep family and friends updated on things in my life when I'm away from home

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Thursday June 2, 2011: NYC Lifestyle


           Ok so remember all the uncertainty, etc. that I wrote about yesterday? Well I guess all I had to do was vocalize my worries/thoughts/concerns because today went a lot more smoothly. I spent the majority of the day commenting (as the Sullivan Hall and CEG Presents pages) on various artists Facebook pages to not only promote the shows that are coming up in June, but to also help bring fans of these bands to our pages (and hopefully get them to more shows). I was a little nervous at first because I wasn’t sure if I was promoting the shows the right way, but after posting a few times I got the hang of it. We attempted to get the printer to work (for some reason it only prints legal size documents from one printer) but kind of failed. Eventually we got all the posters for this weekend’s shows printed, which meant I got to run around and hang them up. It really wasn’t that bad, except for the fact my feet were killing me (I stupidly wore shoes that aren’t the best for walking around in, and yes I have blisters now) and the fact I wasn’t comfortable with the area (it was an area that didn’t follow the pretty grid system that I have become so reliant on) and I couldn’t find a few of the places I was suppose to hang posters in.

(I added these posts (and many others). I'm aware of the lameness of me posting a picture of this, but I was excited about it)

            Regardless, I survived and was able to make it back to NYU with just enough time to change my shoes, run to the Palladium to eat dinner, and back to my room to get ready to go the Orgone and George Porter Jr. show that was taking place at Le Poisson Rouge. I stood outside the doors and handed out cards with upcoming shows listed on them to any passerby who would take it from me. The music was actually really good. Though I opted to stay outside in the lobby area: 1) because I was there alone, 2) because it was beyond loud (I could hear the music perfectly through closed doors), & 3) because I was on my feet 95% of the last 3 hours and wanted the opportunity to sit. I felt really awkward at first, but after a little bit I was fine. Talked to several drunk people and was most likely the only one there under 21 (I saw no one else with black Xs on the backs of their hands), but overall enjoyed myself and am looking forward to attending more shows this summer.


            Despite the fact that I don’t have to leave for work until 11:00am, I am still beyond tired by the time it reaches 10pm. It’s getting to be annoying. I don’t have to go to my internship tomorrow, however the plan is to wake up around 8 or so and head to the gym. That way I can figure out how much time I need to get ready, etc. so I can actually start working out before I leave for my internship (and take full advantage of the fact I don’t have to leave until 11:00). Because let’s face it, by the time I get out of work and eat dinner, there is no way I have enough energy to get in a good work out. I thought about getting up at 4:30-5am to see Thompson Square on "Fox & Friends". however I'm in no way going to be able to function at that hour and I'm not entirely sure where it's being held (other than Mid Manhattan at 6am). Oh well, I'll catch some other country artists throughout the summer (a few are going to be on the Today Show). Hopefully, I adjust to the New York lifestyle soon, but until then I’ll just have to deal with feeling tired (as a college student, I am very much accustomed to that feeling already).

1 comment:

  1. Ohh Kristen you are so cute. If it makes you feel any less lame when you told me yesterday you were posting things on facebook I went to the CEG page and looked at the latest posts. I wasn't even sure if they were ones you did, they sounded so professional. Good job :) Also, I made the picture you sent of Times Square the background on my phone, so that I feel like I'm there with you <3

    ReplyDelete